Prices include GST.
To receive the member discount, please make sure you are logged in with your username and password.
This 4 week self directed, introductory level course covers the basic administrative procedures involved in writing a will, administration, probate and other estate matters at a level appropriate for solicitors with little to no experience in this area of law.
Introduction to Wills and Probate
Preparing a Will
Preparation of Power of Attorney
Gathering Information for the Application
Preparing Application for Grant of Probate
Receiving Grant of Probate
Administration of Estates
Distribution of Estates
Letters of Administration
This course is open to Solicitors only.
Approx. 3 - 4 hours per week is required for study. Regular weekly assessment tasks are required for successful completion of this course. All course resources and content is accessible through the online student portal. No prior preparation is required before course commencement. Students will need to have access to reliable internet connection, latest version web browser (such as Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox), email program, word processing software, PDF reader/converter and a printer.
ALL ENROLMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO THE LAW SOCIETY PURCHASE AND REFUND POLICY.
Complete the form below and then press the ADD TO CART button and proceed to CHECKOUT.
- Please place a separate order for each participant
- This course is restricted to applicants currently working in or returning to a legal department or firm
- Any applicant that does not meet program criteria, please forward a supporting letter outlining why you may be eligible for enrolment, addressing special circumstances such as details of a solicitor willing to mentor you, or appropriate previous work/study experience
- If paying by cheque or money order, please note that a place cannot be reserved until payment is received
- If the payment option "add to cart" does not display on the screen, the course may be at capacity. Please contact the Course Coordinator at email@example.com. Successful applicants will receive an email confirmation from the Course Coordinator to confirm course enrolment.