IMPORTANT: to receive the member rate, please login at top of page.
This one day introductory level Wills and Probate course for support staff covers the basic administrative procedures involved in writing a will, administration, probate and other estate matters.
Topics covered include:
Introduction to Wills and Probate
Preparing a Will
Preparation of Power of Attorney
Gathering Information for the Application
Preparing application for Grant of Probate
Receiving Grant of Probate
Administration of Estates
Distribution of Estates
Letters of Administration
This course is suitable for all legal support staff with little to no experience in this area of law.
Important note: for solicitors attending courses for support staff - please note that these classes are designed for paralegals and legal secretaries. They can be useful in learning the administrative skills and procedures involved in the area of law, however, no legal advice or information about solicitors responsibilities will be given on the day. If you decide to go ahead with enrolling in this course, you will not be entitled to a refund or course transfer if you feel that the information given is too basic. For courses specific to solicitors, please see the LSTP courses marked "for solicitors", Young Lawyers CLE seminars or the College of Law.
ALL ENROLMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO THE LAW SOCIETY PURCHASE AND REFUND POLICY.
- Please place a separate order for each attendee
- This course is restricted to applicants currently working in or returning to a legal department or firm
- Any applicant that does not meet program criteria, please forward a supporting letter outlining why you may be eligible for enrolment, addressing special circumstances such as details of a solicitor willing to mentor you, or appropriate previous work/study experience
- If paying by cheque or money order, please note that a place cannot be reserved until payment is cleared
- If the payment option "add to cart" does not display on the screen, the course may be at capacity. Please contact the Course Coordinator at email@example.com. Successful applicants will receive an email confirmation from the Course Coordinator to confirm course enrolment.